Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How I Get To Work (Orig. 6/11/08)

Sometimes I take my helicopter, which lands in my backyard, connects to a solar tube attached to my back door. Then it drops me off on the roof of my building into a similar tube, and I am transported safely into the top floor elevator. 9 floors down and I'm ready to work.

Sometimes I do my “I Dream Of Jeanie” impression, which I stumbled upon one morning when I did it just for goofs and next thing you know I'm sitting at my desk in my pajamas! Oh, the site. So I quickly transported myself home, changed my clothes, folded my arms, bopped my head, and I'm back at work. This method is by far my favorite.

Sometimes I take my portal. I discovered this by accident as well. I was checking out the back of my closet when I moved into my new house. I pushed on the back wall for leverage when all of a sudden I was tumbling through space. I landed right at my desk moments later. Thought effective, this method can be painful and scary, unless of course you like the feeling of falling. And of course, can land on your feet.

Sometimes I just sleep at my desk. Wake up and work.

This must be why you insist upon telling me the weather every morning, co-worker. Or telling me about the driving conditions. Because I have somehow morphed here and haven’t experienced the extreme heat. And what about that snow a few months ago! And oh, that congestion! I'm fortunate to have missed out on that experience!

I don’t know how you do it each day, but you should really look into the ways I get to work. It really reduces stress.

That is, until you get to work and tell me all about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment